Message from the President: In-person teaching and learning to resume February 28
以下消息于2月16日分发, 2022, 对教师, staff, 学生们通过他们的@upei.代表总统的办公室发送了ca邮件.
The PEI Chief Public Health Office (PEI CPHO)’s recent launch of its 应对COVID-19的过渡计划 has given all of us a sense of cautious optimism as we transition from a public health state of emergency to a time where we learn to live with COVID-19.
In addition to this step-by-step plan to ease public health measures, the PEI CPHO revised its specific guidance for the post-secondary education sector late last week. 基于此更新, the UPEI Senate held a special meeting yesterday to finalize the mode of delivery for the remainder of the semester.
这是决定的, in accordance with the updated winter 2022 Public Health Measures for PEI Post-Secondary Education, that in-person teaching and learning for the 2022 Winter Academic Semester will resume for classes of 100 学生 or less on February 28, 2022.
以学生为中心的教学模式, 并符合PEI CPHO的动态指导, 可能有例外，包括:
- Extensions to online teaching for individual courses beyond February 27, 基于医疗设施或教学原则的.
教师必须通过他们的椅子要求延长时间, 副院长, and/or deans to the Office of the Vice-President Academic and 研究 for approval prior to February 17, 2022. 例外情况将由教师告知学生. If you are unsure whether this applies to you, please contact the Dean’s Office in your 教师.
We realize some 学生 may have a mix of in-person and online courses. If 学生 are looking for spaces on campus where they can participate in online classes, 注册主任办公室提供了一份 可供使用的房间列表 在2022年冬季学术学期. Also, while all campus buildings have wireless connections to the internet, 大西洋兽医学院, 罗伯逊图书馆, and W.A. Murphy Student Centre are on the new network and performance in these buildings is considerably better than in the other parts of campus. There are areas in each of these three buildings where 学生 can congregate as well as work independently and are good options for 学生 needing internet between in-person classes.
In the coming days, we will update our operational plan and information on UPEI’s COVID-19信息网页 with the latest in PEI CPHO guidance as we plan to return to campus. However, here are a few key takeaways from the PEI CPHO update for post-secondary education:
- 物理距离: 除非公共卫生条例允许, 学生, 教师, and staff are required to maintain physical distancing of two metres or more in all settings, 除以下学习设置外:
- up to a maximum of 100 学生 while seated and masked during classroom learning, or
- 筛选和检测: 学生, 教师, and staff should stay home and seek testing if feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, 然而温和. Testing may be accessed at a drop-in testing clinic and individuals should self-isolate until the results are back. Test results (positive and negative) are accessible online with most results appearing 4–12 hours from the point of testing: www.princeedwardisland.ca /检测结果
- 检测呈阳性的个人的步骤概述如下: www.princeedwardisland.ca / testedpositive
- 密切接触者的处理步骤如下: www.princeedwardisland.ca / closecontact
- 疫苗接种: 学生, 教师, and staff are recommended to be vaccinated with a complete series of Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccines including booster doses. (The UPEI强制COVID-19疫苗接种政策 为大学社区成员保留. The regular COVID-19 vaccine booster clinics at the UPEI 健康与福利 Centre will end on February 24, 2022. The Centre will continue to offer COVID-19 vaccines after that date; however, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org 预约.)
- 屏蔽: 学生, 教师, and staff are required to wear masks in all indoor public places including classrooms and lab settings, 以及工作场所. 有关佩戴口罩的详情，请浏览以下网页: www.princeedwardisland.ca /面具 The removal of masks for active eating and drinking should be minimized. (详情请参阅 UPEI学生课堂协议 欲了解更多信息.)
- 个人卫生: Signage for handwashing and respiratory etiquette (sneezing and coughing) will be clearly posted throughout facilities. Handwashing supplies and alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol will be readily available in learning settings.
- 清洁消毒: Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces will be maintained.
学生们的适应力让我印象深刻, 教师, 工作人员在大流行期间一直在工作, 我也意识到改变——即使是积极的改变——也会带来压力. UPEI has a number of resources for 学生 through UPEI 学生事务, 包括个人辅导(学生erv@vanphongphamhp.com)，以及国际学生事务处(email@example.com). The UPEI流行病生存技巧和资源 信息图表也已开发，以支持社区成员. Eligible UPEI 教师 and staff can access the Employee Assistance Program at 1-800-387-4765 for support. 更多的信息可以在UPEI上找到 COVID-19信息网页 在myUPEI上.
We will continue to monitor the pandemic situation in consultation with the PEI Chief Public Health Office as, 尽管我们“向前看”, 2019冠状病毒病(COVID-19)仍是全球动态变化的形势. 请继续看好你的上肢.请发电子邮件了解任何进一步的更新或访问 catalog.vanphongphamhp.com / covid-19-information
Thank you to everyone for going over and above to support each other and for keeping one another safe.